Monday, September 29, 2008

Response to Pramod

Dear Pramod,
I have tried to resist to respond to your post: "I also observed that but for a few (like me and Himansu) most participants were using heavy jargons very loosely(epistemology, pedagogy, paradigm, constructivism etc.) We were a little uncomfortable with this as the message can easily convey without them. At times people tried drag the discussion endlessly."
I feel that I should respond to this post as I believe that your comments are irresponsible and you are being disrespectful to your colleagues. First of all since we are working in education for quite some time so I think we should be in a position to understand the underlying concepts or jargon as you call them. I don't think anyone was using the concepts loosely. As far as your comment: "At times people tried drag the discussion endlessly." is concerned I believe your name should be on top of the list of the people who dragged the conversation endlessly.
Regards and best wishes
Rajesh

1 comment:

Himanshu said...

Dear Rajesh, Pramod and others,
Though I also felt last time that I am not able to understand some of the terms, I still agree with Rajesh that one doesn't have a right to blame like that. If Pramod has faced some problems with the way conversations were going on, and if he is making some statement,it is his personal opinion and I do not agree with that. As I see, his report is a rough draft and he should not have posted it to the group before being edited properly.

Himanshu